HOW TO MAKE PEACE WITH ENTREPRENEURIAL SETBACKS AND GROW w. MIKE PATON EP. 105
The Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS), is a foundational framework that any business owner can implement.
We get to go deep into EOS with Mike Paton, who is the former Visionary and CEO of EOS Worldwide. He is the author of multiple books on the subject too. He currently works full-time as an implementor and facilitator of the EOS system!
“ You learn more and you build more character when you are able to pick through the rubble and analyze your own mistakes.” — Mike Paton [0:03:33]
In our chat with Mike, we get into his personal journey, family history in the entrepreneurial space, and defining moments of his career.
Mike underlines the importance and impact of failure. He discusses how recovering from setbacks can offer some of the most vital moments for us to experience and how those can help you grow.
“ When you have to make a choice between what you love and what you're getting paid to do, pick what you love!” — Mike Paton [0:11:51]
We also get into the six key components of EOS, with Mike providing specific attention to the elements about process and people. Get ready to take notes and enjoy this episode!
KEY POINTS FROM THIS EPISODE:
• Looking at the growth of EOS since Mike first started on this journey!
• Mike's decision to step away from his role as visionary and CEO, and the important conversations he had around this time.
• Exploring the implications of the idea of 'grow or die'.
• The ideas that Mike finds most interesting and inspiring
• Suggestions from Mike for the important questions to ask oneself going into a new challenge.
• Mike breaks down the basics of EOS and how it can help entrepreneurs.
• The six key components of EOS; vision, people, data, issues, process, and traction.
• Mike unpacks the people component, and why it is so high on his list!
• Thoughts on finding and hiring talent, and how company culture plays into this.
• Building from a strong foundation; Mike talks about indispensable daily operations and behaviours.
• What Mike most enjoy's reading; recreational and business-related selections.
• Mike shares a bit about his writing process.
LINKS MENTIONED IN TODAY'S EPISODE: